Part 2: Peacock Engineering Take Fingertip to the Highest Road in the World
Peacock Engineering has four offices; three in the UK and one in Bangalore, India. It has been an ambition of our Office Manager in India, Prashant Karamadi, to explore the Himalayas on a motorbike. The challenge was accepted and the Peacock Engineering team and the motorbike team began planning and preparing to cross the highest road in the world, 5630 metres.
The Himalayas is a disputed territory. Located between China and Pakistan, both countries claim it as their land. However, the Indian Army have troops located in the Himalayas and introduced the Border Roads Organisation who ensure the roads are maintained.
Fingertip is Peacock Engineering’s mobile solution which enables engineers and technicians to complete work in the field efficiently and cost-effectively. Fingertip uses Peacock Engineering’s unique mobile form capability. These are highly customisable to suit any businesses requirements and can be created in the format of ATEX inspections, risks assessments and for the motorbike team; vehicle inspections.
Taking Fingertip to the Himalayas allowed Peacock Engineering to test different aspects of the products. This has resulted in changes to the product and discovering design flaws and improvements for future development. But what happens when you take this software offline?
Watch More Videos
- Michael Marks, Support and Helpdesk Manager talks about working at Peacock EngineeringAlan C2019-07-12T15:04:21+01:00
- Peacock Engineering Presents Testing to the LimitsAlan C2018-09-28T10:06:14+01:00
- Part 4: Maintaining Equipment in the Field: The Royal Enfield BulletAlan C2018-09-13T11:25:07+01:00
- Introducing the all-new IBM Cognos Analytics, driven by AIAlan C2019-12-18T11:43:05+01:00
- Part 1: Meet Mike Knapp, Director of Peacock Engineering and Motorbike Team Member in the HimalayasAlan C2018-09-12T09:57:11+01:00
- Peacock Engineering Managed Cloud Services SupportAlan C2019-12-11T10:36:34+01:00
- Part 3: Integrating Maximo and Fingertip with the IBM CloudAlan C2018-09-12T09:55:40+01:00
- Working for Peacock Engineering as Support ConsultantAlan C2019-07-03T15:25:46+01:00