More productive and intuitive for users
Following in-depth specification, development and testing Peacock Engineering has released Fingertip Mobility 3.1 to the market. This product has been built in collaboration with the technicians who will ultimately use it and has focused on their user experience. It promises to improve technician productivity as well as the quality of the data they record in the field.
Intuitive and familiar icons have been enhanced to guide the user through a number of simple screens that place the technician’s active work order at the head of their list, with queued jobs following in sequence. At a glance, the status of all work orders is clear as colour coded boxes give clarity and assist with navigation through the process. Meanwhile, built-in logic and clutter-free screens ensure that technicians are better able to follow their assigned processes.
Fingertip’s new features include:
- Enriched usability – new UX Design improves user satisfaction and performance
- Enhanced design – icons and colour-coded status buttons give ultimate process clarity
- New displays – Work Activities Details and Service Requests given a crisp new appearance
- Search capability – including barcode scanning of assets, improves parts accessibility to technicians out in the field
- Improved Planned and Actuals Materials – supports both van and site based stores to enable real time, accurate addition of materials to Work Orders
- Faster synchronisation with Maximo – for improved mobile productivity
- New Lock App capability – increasing security of mobile devices and reducing requirement for users to logout
- Lazy loading – improves record loading performance and gives the user control of the screen while data loads in the background
Roger Walker, a director of Peacock Engineering, comments, “The main objective with Fingertip 3.1 was a much cleaner look and feel to make the product more intuitive and effective for its users. Often it is the simple things that make the most difference and we endeavour to keep Fingertip functional for users. Login takes them straight to their Work Order or Work List where they can see at a glance the status of their jobs via intuitive colour coding. The logic that is built into the system then guides the user through their required processes so that the data gathered out in the field is timely and accurate, with everything recorded for reporting and billing purposes. This new version delivers a huge step forward for Fingertip and it has already attracted a lot of interest from our customers. We are already looking at the next phase in its development.”