Reports To: Sales Manager
Based At: Peacock Engineering Offices – Leeds
Remuneration: OTE value of £60k – £70k pa including performance bonus based on Peacock Engineering Incentive plan, plus non-contributory pension and healthcare
Peacock Engineering is strengthening its sales and marketing team through the employment of a full time Northern UK territory sales professional. Peacock Engineering has been successful in growing and retaining its customer base in Facilities Management/Service Providers, Oil and Gas, Utilities and Life Science industries in the last 5 years. Peacock Engineering is a Premier Gold IBM Business Partner certified to market, sell, consult, implement and support various IBM technology products especially Maximo and MobileFirst. In addition we produce our own innovative, branded technology products based on the IBM platform creating our own intellectual property with solution focused commercial frameworks to buy and use them. We employ a highly skilled team of consultants who use IBM technologies to produce immediate and sustainable returns for our customers. In order to succeed in the next phase of our business plan we will invest in a highly motivated external sales role to complement our existing field sales team. Typical deal size for mid-market solutions is in the range of £50k-£450k, and in excess of £500K for enterprise solutions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate dynamic and innovative capabilities, and should have skills and experience to generate new business from early identification and qualification stages through development to close. Ideally he/she will come from a software vendor or consulting background, and he/she should have an in-depth knowledge of the different market sectors that Peacock Engineering focus on.
Targets are realistic and achievable, and the commission plan is not capped.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to cultivate new and provided leads through qualification and development of the end solution (on premise or SaaS including implementation services, training and support) through to close.
- Visit customers and prospects in order to promote and sell specific solutions.
- Negotiate with customers and prospects in order to close opportunities on a commercial and financial basis.
- Work with Peacock Engineering operations to hand closed deals over as projects for implementation using our standard systems and documentary processes.
- Work with sales and marketing team to produce materials and content appropriate to promoting specific sales campaigns on a product, business need and/or market segmented basis.
- Attend promotional events including those held by IBM and others according to Peacock Engineering marketing plan.
- Author account and or campaign plans with support of sales and marketing.
- Execute against account plans and visit schedules in order to sustain existing customers and positive references.
- Update Peacock Engineering CRM and document management systems on a regular, timely basis to show clear progress on accounts and prospects being worked for reporting to Sales and Senior Management.
- Work with sales and marketing team on business development into new markets with novel offerings extended from those Peacock Engineering currently sell.
- Produce, agree and execute a sector business plan and activity schedule aimed at meeting the company’s and your personal targets.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Skills and Personal Qualities – Required:
- Customer-focused attention to results and outcomes.
- Exceptional oral communication and inter-personal skills and a natural ability to engage at all levels within a customer organisation via all forms of interaction including face to face.
- Comprehensive written communication skills with strong capability of basic IT personal skills
- Strong commercial perspective and business awareness and accurate numeracy skills.
- Ability to influence peers and exec-level staff and to represent the customer perspective internally.
- Be organised, methodical, persuasive, diplomatic, proactive and able to take initiative.
- Able to multi task and prioritise work on an independent basis.
- Demonstrate good networking and customer appreciation skills.
- Ability to verbally explain complex issues in clear, plain English in person and by phone.
- Ability to produce clear and accurate documents, written English.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer requirements.
- Background of solutions sales experience, ideally with enterprise business systems including such as Finance, Procurement, CRM, BI, HR/Payroll
Skills and Personal Qualities – Desired:
- Good intellectual, numerical and analytical ability with the ability to resolve issues and move obstacles to progress aside.
- Good intellectual analytical and numeric ability with the ability to resolve issues and move obstacles to progress aside.
- Experience with SaaS and hosted supported solutions
- Demonstrate good networking skills and be able to establish strong personal relationships.
- Experience of reporting and presenting results to senior management.
- Demonstrable planning and problem-solving skills